Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Beating Jetlag the Easy Way

Here I am in (not so sunny) California for the annual feast of Thanksgiving. It's 5:40 in the morning and I've been up for 2 hours. Ahhhh jet lag.

But I've found the remedy! It's simple.

Just don't fight it. If you wake up at 3am, just wake up, get up, make some coffee and read your email, or read a book or anything quiet so as not to wake the rest of the family. Then when Dad turns on something really horrible on the TV at 8:00 in the evening you can yawn and say you're jet lagged and simply head off to bed. This method is great for getting some quiet personal time and also not getting used to a different time zone completely which makes re-entry into CET much easier.

That's my plan anyway. We'll see how it works once the rest of the family descends on us this afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's the way I do it all my life here in Holland, haha. Don't have a jetlag at the 7th. Bye the way, how is your dad?
Xpaul