Thursday, August 24, 2006

Can't we all just get along?

You could say I'm naive. It wouldn't be the first time I've been called that. I thought that I could walk into work with my new MacBook, which will run all the required software better than the computer that I've been given to work on, and all would be fine. I did expect to have to do some convincing, but I didn't expect to be told, basically, to get that thing off the network.

It's not that anyone has a problem with Apple products per se (ok, my boss has a THING about Apple, and it's not a positive THING), but it has to do with standards. Company standards. Control. Efficiencies. Safety.

Let's be honest. If any IT department really thought about it, if they wanted efficiencies and safety they would give the entire company Macs and throw the PC's into the bin where they belong. But noooooooooo we have to standardize on mediocrity.

I naively thought that we could think outside the very big beige box.

I need to start my own company...........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:)

Didn't they tell you to leave your toys@home??