Sunday, August 13, 2006

A Parallel(s) Universe


As you can see from this screenshot, I sucessfully installed and am running WinXP inside my MacBook. I feel so dirty.

The installation process was straightforward. I haven't installed software that came with an actual printed instruction book in a very long time. Thanks Parallels for including the book! There's enough you need to actually understand in order to install the software and run it correctly, but with the book at hand it's no problem.

The next step is to install our company ERP system (Navision) into the VM (virtual machine), see if I can install and connect to the network using the company VPN, and connect to the company remote desktop. If I can do all those things then I've successfully set up this new MacBook to work in a Windows corporate world that includes software that has no Apple equivalent (like Navision). I won't be able to do this for another week or so, so stay tuned for more info on this experiment.

Now, back to that Spider game....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty adictive Spider isnt it?
Better take it of when you turn your mac into a work-computer.
:o)