Sunday, September 10, 2006

Advice to single men

If you are a single man in Amsterdam I know the best place to meet women. I discovered this yesterday when I went to the first Start to Run meeting in the Vondelpark. My neighbor and I need to get in shape, lose a little weight, and basically get off our butts once a week and get some exercise. I also have the goal of running the Dam to Dam race next year. So, off we went to the Run-2-Day shop on the Overtoom where the class begins every Saturday morning for the next 6 weeks.

I have to say, I was surprised to see so many people there (about 50) and nearly all of them women. Women of all ages. Women wearing close fitting workout close. If you are a single man I doubt there's any better place to meet women. You see them without all the makeup and artifice of going out at night. You see who whines and complains when asked to work hard. Who's in shape and who's not. Who's friendly in a non-threatening environment. So, guys, come on out and show us what you've got!

No comments: